When it comes to car audio systems, a subwoofer is an essential component that can greatly enhance your listening experience. A subwoofer is responsible for reproducing the low-frequency sound, also known as bass, which can add depth and impact to your music. One of the most popular subwoofer sizes is the 6.5-inch subwoofer.
A 6.5-inch subwoofer is a great choice for car audio enthusiasts who want to improve their sound system without taking up too much space in their vehicle. These subwoofers are small enough to fit in most vehicles, yet powerful enough to deliver a significant improvement in bass response. Unlike larger subwoofers, 6.5-inch subwoofers do not require a lot of power to operate, making them a great option for those who want to upgrade their car audio system without upgrading their amplifier or power source.
When choosing a 6.5-inch subwoofer, there are several factors to consider. One of the most important things to look for is the power handling, which is the amount of power the subwoofer can handle without causing damage. Sensitivity is another important factor, which is a measure of how efficiently the subwoofer converts power into sound. The higher the sensitivity, the more output you can expect from the subwoofer.
Another important consideration is the type of subwoofer. There are several types of subwoofers available on the market, including sealed, ported, and bandpass subwoofers. Each type has its own unique characteristics and will affect the sound quality and performance of the subwoofer.
Finally, it's important to consider compatibility with other car audio components. It is important to match the subwoofer's impedance and power handling capabilities with the amplifier or other components that you're using.
In this article, we will take a look at the top 7 6.5-inch subwoofers on the market, and discuss their features, specifications, and performance. By the end of this article, you will have a good understanding of the best 6.5-inch subwoofers available, and be able to make an informed decision when purchasing one.
Benefits of 6.5-inch subwoofers
- Improved Sound Quality: 6.5-inch subwoofers are capable of reproducing low-frequency sounds that other speakers may not be able to handle, resulting in a more balanced and natural sound.
- Increased Bass: 6.5-inch subwoofers are able to produce a significant amount of bass, which can add depth and impact to your music.
- Space-saving Design: 6.5-inch subwoofers are smaller than larger subwoofers, making them a great option for those who want to upgrade their car audio system without taking up too much space in their vehicle.
- Power Efficient: 6.5-inch subwoofers do not require a lot of power to operate, making them a great option for those who want to upgrade their car audio system without upgrading their amplifier or power source.
- Good for all types of music: 6.5-inch subwoofers are versatile and can handle different types of music, from classical to electronic, providing a great listening experience.
- Easy to install: 6.5-inch subwoofers are relatively easy to install and can be placed in various places in the vehicle, such as under the seat, or in the trunk, making it easy to find the right spot that fits your vehicle.
- Affordable: 6.5-inch subwoofers are generally more affordable than larger subwoofers, making them a cost-effective option.
Best 6.5 subwoofers on the market in 2023
Skar Audio EVL-65 D4 6.5"
- High power handling capability
- Dual 4-ohm voice coil for increased flexibility
- Water and dust resistant cone
- Easy to install.
- not found
The Skar Audio EVL-65 D4 6.5" 400 Watt Max Power Dual 4 Ohm Car Subwoofers are a powerful and high-quality option for car audio enthusiasts looking to upgrade their sound system. These subwoofers are designed to provide powerful and accurate low-frequency sound, and are built with a number of features to ensure optimal performance.
One of the standout features of the Skar Audio EVL-65 D4 subwoofers is their power handling capability. With a max power of 400 watts and a RMS power of 200 watts, these subwoofers are capable of producing a significant amount of bass. They also feature a dual 4-ohm voice coil, which allows for more flexibility in terms of impedance and power handling.
The subwoofers also feature a competition-grade paper cone that is lightweight yet strong, providing an optimal balance between sound quality and durability. The cone is also treated with a special coating that is resistant to water and dust, ensuring that the subwoofers will perform well in any environment. The subwoofers also feature a specially designed suspension system that is designed to provide maximum excursion and reduce distortion.
In terms of installation, the Skar Audio EVL-65 D4 subwoofers are relatively easy to install. The subwoofers come with a detailed instruction manual that provides step-by-step instructions for installation, and all necessary hardware is included. The subwoofers are also compatible with most car audio systems and can be used with a variety of amplifiers.
Overall, the Skar Audio EVL-65 D4 subwoofers are a great option for those looking to upgrade their car audio system. With their high power handling capability, dual 4-ohm voice coil, and water and dust resistant cone, these subwoofers are designed to provide powerful and accurate low-frequency sound.
Memphis Audio MJM644
- Dual subwoofer
- 4-ohm voice coil
- Foam surround
- Vented basket
- Shallow mounting depth
- Very high max and RMS rating.
- Listed as a single subwoofer
The Memphis Audio MJM644 subwoofer is an excellent choice for those looking for a powerful and compact option. This subwoofer stands out as a top pick among our editors due to its impressive power capabilities - with a maximum power rating of 1,400 watts and an RMS rating of 700 watts. The MJM644 packs a punch when it comes to sound, despite its compact size.
One of the key features that sets this subwoofer apart is its 4 ohm voice coil, which is built to withstand high temperatures and ensure optimal performance. Additionally, the vented basket and foam surround work together to provide efficient cooling for the subwoofer. With a shallow mounting depth of just 5 inches, this subwoofer is also a great option for those with limited space. Overall, the Memphis Audio MJM644 is a great choice for those who want to bring the bass to their music.
- Affordable price
- Sound is distorted at high volume
The Pyle PLPW6D subwoofer is a superior choice for audiophiles looking for advanced features. One of its key attributes is its dual voice coils which allows it to deliver deep, powerful bass sound even from a distance. The Pyle subwoofers are also known for their affordable price making it a great value for the money.
The subwoofer is designed with polyester fiber woofers and paper cone enclosures that work together to create a balanced sound. With two speaker terminals, it ensures even bass distribution. The speaker cones are made from lightweight fiberglass, which makes it easy to install.
The subwoofer also uses two powerful ceramic valve push valves per drive coil which ensures that air flow is prevented between valves, preventing resonance and distortion. The strength and rigidity of the subwoofer make it easy to install and it does not take up much space. The Pyle PLPW6D subwoofer offers excellent sound and advanced features at a great price.
Kicker CompRT Single
- Shallow design
- Dual voice coil
- 300 Watts of power
- Shallow depth.
- May not be the right subwoofer for big car
The Kicker 43CWRT672 CompRT 6.75 Inch 300 Watts 2 Ohm Dual Voice Coil Shallow Slim C is the ideal shallow mount subwoofer for those looking to enhance their car audio system. The dual voice coil design offers greater flexibility in wiring, and is able to handle up to 300 watts of power for a deep and powerful bass experience.
One of the standout features of this subwoofer is its shallow design, which allows for easy installation in a wide range of spaces. This makes it a great option for those who want to add the full sound of a subwoofer to their audio system, without having to sacrifice space. Overall, the Kicker 43CWRT672 CompRT is a powerful and versatile shallow mount subwoofer that can provide the perfect bass enhancement to any car audio system.
Earthquake Sound SWS-6.5X
- Deep Bass
- 6″ Woofer
- Sealed Enclosure
- 400W RMS Power Handling.
- Can’t be mounted in a corner
If you're in search of powerful bass in a compact design, Earthquake Sound's SWS-6X 6.5-inch shallow woofer system is the perfect choice for you. These subs are engineered for installation in limited spaces and provide deep, booming low-end frequencies thanks to their 4-Ohm impedance.
The sealed enclosure guarantees your music will always sound clear and crisp, even at high volume levels. The SWS-6X is a great option for car audio systems, home theater setups, and even motorcycles. The package comes with two 6.5-inch subs.
DS18 PRO-SM6.2 Slim Loudspeaker
- High-quality components
- Solid construction
- Glass Fiber Dust Cap
- The amp is not included
DS18 PRO-SM6.2 Slim Loudspeaker Subwoofer is a must-have for music enthusiasts who crave exceptional sound quality. With a maximum power output of 400 watts and RMS power of 200 watts, this subwoofer delivers deep, rich bass that will elevate your music listening experience. The glass fiber dust cap ensures that your audio will be free of distortion, even at high volume levels.
DS18 PRO-SM6.2 Slim Loudspeaker boasts a 2-Layer Voice Coil that offers superior power handling and durability, and the Glass Fiber Dust Cap keeps dust and debris from entering the voice coil.
CT Sounds Meso-6.5-D2 6.5 Inch
- Delivers powerful
- Crisp bass
- Kevlar reinforced paper cone and rubber surround provide stability and durability
- Not suitable for very low frequency audio
The CT Sounds Meso 6,5-Inch Subwoofer is a top-of-the-line option for anyone looking to enhance their car audio system. With a peak power of 800 watts and RMS power of 400 watts, this subwoofer delivers crisp, powerful bass that will take your music listening experience to the next level.
The subwoofer's Kevlar reinforced paper cone and rubber surround provide a stable and durable structure that can handle even the most demanding music. The 8-inch size makes it a versatile option for a variety of car models and the frequency response of 38Hz - 2kHz ensures that you'll be able to hear all the details of your music.
Best 6.5 Inch Subwoofer Buyer’s Guide
When shopping for a 6.5-inch subwoofer, there are a few key factors to consider in order to find the right one for your car audio system. Here is a buyer's guide to help you make an informed decision:
- Power Handling: One of the most important things to look for when choosing a 6.5-inch subwoofer is its power handling capability. This refers to the amount of power the subwoofer can handle without causing damage. Make sure to choose a subwoofer that can handle the power output of your amplifier or power source.
- Sensitivity: Sensitivity refers to a subwoofer's ability to convert power into sound. The higher the sensitivity, the more output you can expect from the subwoofer. Look for a subwoofer with a sensitivity rating of at least 85 dB.
- Type of subwoofer: There are several types of subwoofers available on the market, including sealed, ported, and bandpass subwoofers. Each type has its own unique characteristics and will affect the sound quality and performance of the subwoofer. Consider the type of music you listen to and the type of sound you want to achieve before making a decision.
- Impedance: Impedance is a measure of the subwoofer's electrical resistance. It's important to match the subwoofer's impedance with the amplifier or other components you're using. Look for a subwoofer with a low impedance rating, such as 2 or 4 ohms.
- Build Quality: Consider the build quality and materials used in the construction of the subwoofer. Look for subwoofers with a durable and sturdy construction, such as those made with high-quality materials like MDF (medium-density fibreboard) or reinforced polypropylene cones. This will ensure that the subwoofer is able to withstand the rigors of daily use and will last for a long time.
- Size and Design: Consider the size and design of the subwoofer when choosing one for your car audio system. If you have limited space in your vehicle, look for a shallow-mount subwoofer that can fit in tight spaces. Also consider the design of the subwoofer, such as vented or sealed, to ensure that it will fit in your vehicle and complement the look of your car.
- Brand Reputation: It's important to choose a subwoofer from a reputable brand that has a good track record of producing high-quality car audio products. Look for brands that have been around for a while and have a loyal customer base.
- Price: Lastly, consider the price of the subwoofer and make sure it fits within your budget. Keep in mind that a higher price does not always mean better quality, so be sure to consider all the other factors before making a decision.
By considering these factors, you'll be able to find the best 6.5-inch subwoofer for your car audio system and enjoy improved sound quality and bass.
Are 6.5 inch subwoofers any good?
6.5-inch subwoofers can be very good, depending on the specific model and its features. They are a popular size for car audio systems and can provide powerful and accurate low-frequency sound. It's important to research different models and choose one that has a high power handling capability, good sensitivity, and a durable construction.
What is the best 6.5 subwoofer for deep bass?
It is difficult to determine the best 6.5 subwoofer for deep bass as it depends on the specific needs and preferences of the listener. However, some models that are known for their deep bass include the Rockville RSV12B, Skar Audio EVL-65 D4 and the KICKER 43CWRT672 CompRT. These subwoofers are known for their high power handling capability, good sensitivity, and durable construction.
When purchasing a subwoofer for your car, it's crucial to pay attention to its dimensions, as well as the size of your car and the enclosure. This will help ensure that the subwoofer will fit properly and perform optimally. Many manufacturers provide information on the suitable size of the enclosure for the subwoofer, making it easy to choose the right one. Additionally, it is important to consider the build quality and design to ensure that the subwoofer will complement the aesthetics of your car.
These subwoofers are not only designed to produce outstanding sound quality but are also constructed with durability in mind, able to withstand various impacts, scratches and dents, ensuring reliability and longevity. This feature saves you the long-term cost of having to replace a less resilient model.